Wednesday, December 2, 2009

today's craft copy

I'll admit it right now, I am NOT creative! Seriously, I don't come up with stuff on my own, I totally copy other's ideas, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
So at the mall retail store that I work at, we have recently started selling these great scarves. They are thin cotton with frayed edges.
So being the frugal gal that I am or at least try to be...I'm thinking I could totally make these myself. How hard can it be. Oh and BTW these scarves retail for $24.50! Cute scarves, but not $24.50 cute.
So off to the fabric store I went...found a ton of plaid cotton, lots to choose from. Kinda overwhelmed really. Anyway they were on sale too! So I choose two colors, and bought two yards of each ( $14 worth of fabric). Washed it and ironed it( was super wrinkled ughhh), then cut a 18 in wide strip ( 2 yrds long). Sewed around the edges w/ a decent seam allowance, then frayed the edges. Made a lovely pile of thread! So basically I have 4 scarves total when it's all said and done for $14!!! Here they are!!
I'm thinking these will make GREAT Christmas gifts for the kids teachers!!!

1 comment:

Pumpkin Head Baby Co said...

Ha ha! I think that's funny that you said you were frugal. :)

But seriously, I LOVE the scarfs. They turned out really cute. Esp the pink one!