Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home Study Shome Shudy

Well things are not moving along like we would like for them to.
Actually it's kinda a stand still right now. Boooooo!
And I don't like it!
 
As part of the international adoption process, one must complete a Home Study
This is done through a 3rd party agency for us.
Things were plugging right along.
The closest agency to do this was not too far South of us.
BUT
there were crickets chirping.
and more crickets
Until finally my daily emails and phone calls produced a response we sure didn't see coming.
This 3rd party agency is STOPPING their service of International Home Studies.
DONE.
Soooo...we go shopping.
And phone call after phone call produced nothing but voicemails being left.
Please someone answer your phone or call back soon.
Please.
Finally a voice, who said "I know we are the closest thing you have, but honestly, don't choose us, we just can't help you right now."
I appreciate her being honest.
An email response from another, much further away was a punch in the gut with their fee schedule.
Not expecting that.
Ouch.
And so here we are...what to do.
Pray.
Wait a bit.
Pray some more.
And then a dear friend with out knowing what the details of today were all about ,
sends me a pod cast to listen to about what???
PRAYER.
And then a very new friend sends me an email with a Big 'Ol Picture of our (praying for) daughter's face with the words under her picture
"Praying for _______"
Ok, so it's NOT about me, or us, or this Home Study.
It's about HER, who ever she is.
So I've refocused on praying for HER.
 
Here's the thing.  Does our enemy want us to pray for her...nope.
Does he want this process to go smoothly or quickly...nope.
Big Jerk!
BUT GOD...
But God has her in the palm of His hand
But God has this whole stinkn' Home Study process in His hand
One might say that the enemy is trying to mess this all up, and that's why there are days like this and more to come.
Maybe.
But I say that I really don't want to give him ANY CREDIT.
I want to commit each part of this process to God to where the enemy has NO PART IN IT WHATSOVER.
So there big jerk.
God has got this!
 
 
~Amber



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry things are not going as you hoped with the adoption. I know what that frustration feels like. I will be praying for you. I wanted to apologize sincerely for being snarky with you in the past. I don't know what came over me. I know you to be a Godly woman. I don't know how I could judge you when I have a mountain of flaws. Please forgive me and know you are in our prayers as are the other hopeful adoptive families in your area.