Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Had a Talk With Him 'Bout Some Stuff

What is YOUR relationship with God like?
Do you talk with Him alot?
Do you read what He wrote for you?
He's your Dad.
If you have accepted Jesus's gift of salvation, repented and acknowledged your need for Him alone to forgive and bridge the gap sin created between you and God, then at that point...
God ADOPTED YOU!
He's your Daddy.
He has a character like no one else.
I'm still learning about WHO He is, His character.
In our adoption, there was a pursuit. 
He pursued me, He pursued you.
Galatians 4:4-6 ~
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
Romans 8:23~
 ...even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons
What was His pursuit like to adopt us?
Were there mountains that had to be moved?
YES!!!
There was pain.  There was His sacrifice.  His own perfect Son had to be sacrificed just to have a relationship with US.  To become our adopted Father!
It's hard to wrap my head around how much had to be done, just to be able to become our Father!
THAT IS LOVE!
So.......
In our family's pursuit to adopt our daughter, there are mountains, there are BIG things that look impossible!!
BUT GOD...
And here is where we have a choice in this journey.
THIS is what my conversations with God have consisted of lately. (being transparent here)
"Ok, I trust You. I know You have a perfect plan, the timing is Yours, our daughter is Yours. So do I then just sit back and wait and see what You will do?"

So what would YOU do?
Just keep moving forward, smile and wait and see what He will do? Trusting that He's got this.
That's totally an option.  It's SAFE (ish).
I like SAFE.
Well......
Yesterday morning during my walk, I made a choice to not just take the "safe way".
When I walk, I pray.  So I was talking to God and decided again to ask for MOUNTAINS TO BE MOVED!!!
I asked for BIG things.  RISKY things. BOLD things.
I asked these things for the many sweet friends of ours who are also in their journey to adopt.
I specifically talked to God about His character, who He is and what He does.
(as if He doesn't know these things about Himself :)
Here's what I know... (and I reminded Him about these things :)

God "places the lonely in families" ~ Psalms 68:6
God "defends the fatherless" ~ Psalms 10:18, Deut. 10:17-18
God "helps the fatherless" ~ Psalms 10:14
God "rescues the weak and needy" ~ Psalms 82:3-4
God shows mercy to the orphan ~ Hosea 14:3
God "hears their cry" ~ Ex. 22:22-23

Because I know the above to be TRUE about the character of God...
Then I asked Him to MOVE on the behalf of our children waiting!
I asked Him to move QUICKLY, please don't make them wait any longer!
I asked for our daughter to know love, to bond with her caregiver.
I asked for processes and paperwork to move along quickly!
I asked for the offices and governments involved to get their acts together!
I asked that He bind the enemy from our adoption processes!
I asked Him to match us with our daughter in a way that ONLY HE would get the Glory for
(there's ALOT in the above statement)
There's some "impossible" stuff here. And THIS is where He loves to work!!! WAHOOOO!!
I asked for this process to move along in a way that would ONLY be explained by Him and His Hand.
I could have kept quiet about my prayers to Him.
But He asks us to "come together".  He's not just MY Father.
He is OUR Daddy, He wants us to ASK Him, so He can SHOW us His love by what He does for His children!!!!!
I don't think He wants me to sit back and just see what will happens.  Where's the growth in that?
I want my faith in Him to grow big!
 I think He WANTED me to ask Him all these things!!!
I'm soooooo looking forward to sharing with you WHAT HE DOES in answering our prayers!!!
OH...and....then I "happen" to read a fav blogger/adoptive momma's post today...check it out!
HERE 
 

~Amber
http://adopttogether.org/therohrers
  
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Awesome reminders Amber! I would love to pray with you on a weekly basis... We need to make time in our schedule to pray BIG together...Love you and thank you for your blog today! It encouraged me!