Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hot Day at the Park

Wowza!! It was a hot one today, over 100 degrees! 
Most the the day we spent inside,
But we needed a little change of scenery.
The park just a couple minutes down the block,
Is mostly tree covered. So we walked over with Jonathan, Julie & Silas. 

Once she saw Silas freed from his stroller, she wanted out of the Ergo carrier too.
We were both sweating fierce, so we needed some time to air out. 
I'm happy that she does super great while I'm wearing her. 
She lays her head on my chest, snuggles.  
She's very peaceful in it.


Nate wanted me to make sure you all knew that he was the main photographer today ;)
The park is beautiful! 
Local "interesting" music being performed live through out the park. 
Since it was during a working day,
Much of the people in the park were older folks.
My goodness they are precious. 
We could learn so much from them.  
They are not rushed.
They very much enjoyed each other's company
They stayed close to the music of their ancestors. 
Well at least that was my guess. 
I've never heard a grown man 'sing' like I heard today.
But guessed who loved it?

This girl.

We ventured on after Nate was non-verbally scolded for taking a video of the 'concert'
We came upon a children's carnival. 
Tessa was fascinated! She kept pointing at it, so we checked it out. 


She and Silas both were fascinated by this ride.  
Again, Nate wants you all to know that HE took this stinkn' cute pic of the two of them :)

Look at these rosey cheeks! 
Did I mention it was flippn'n hot today?


She really seemed interested in trying out the rides. 
This one was in a cage, there were 3 large cartoon fish "blowing bubbles" (ping pong balls)
Each little car had a net on a pole so you could catch the balls flying up out of the fish. 
She loved it! She totally understood what she needed to do with the net!

We moved back over to the cars ride that caught her & Silas' attention initially.
He was riding it with Julie!
So fun!!!! 

We thought it would be appropriate that she ride the cars ride with Baba since I got to take her on the first ride. 
Ha!!

"Mama!!!!!!!!!"
And I don't think we got our $2.50 worth on that ride.  
We don't see many tears, but if Baba is making her be away from Mama...there will be tears. 
We finished the day with a great nap, a meeting with our group where we got some documents. 
Held back tears as I was handed her "finding add"
It showed the youngest pic of her that I've seen. 
On a page full of other "foundlings"
We learned a bit more about this piece of her history. 
We are thankful her Heavenly Father has written the whole thing, and He knows it all!
His story of Tessa Joy is exactly how it should be.
Humbled that He chose our family for her!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in AWE of this story you have so generously decided to share with us... Every snippet I read brings tears of joy to my eyes. What a true example of HIS plan and HIS story. Love to you all!

Unknown said...

Great Blog, How is she doing?