Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My new blanket...Think Big

I've been crafting Chubby Baby Blankets for several years, my little guy still loves on his through out the day and has to go to bed with them both at night.

Here's Clayton and Nate sleeping in the airport in Miami last Summer on our way to Trinidad

They are backed with Minkee...soooo soft! Moms comment all the time that they would LOVE to have a big one for themselves. So a while back after recieving 2 baby blankets for his twins

a friend asked if I had ever made one for the mom. His wife LOVED their babies' blankets so much he knew she would love to have one for herself and asked if I could make one for her for Mother's day. I was very excited about this idea and totally went for it. Soooo......Here's the Momma's Blanket ( decided that using the word Chubby with this one may not go over so well with moms)







Wanna give it a try...It takes 1 yard of your middle fabric, 2 yards of the edge fabric and 2 yards of minkee for the back. Plan on using a TON of pins, you need to pin it every 2 inches so the minkee won't slide around. I am beyond excited about how the Momma's Blanket turned out. I think my friend will be thrilled. Now I want one for myself!

2 comments:

Pumpkin Head Baby Co said...

looks good!

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric! I'm going to try and make a purse next. What's minkee?