Thursday, December 29, 2011

The expected end of the year healthy post

Doesn't everyone at this point in the year talk about eaing more fruit & veggies? Ok, maybe not this point, but next week we all will! So in that theme, I have to share my Secret Cupcake recipe! They actually turned out wayyy better than I thought they would.
When it comes to cooking and baking, I like to play it safe and keep the expectations LOW...that way I'm never disapointed. So I was surprised that these were so super yummy! They *look* yummy, but so many times I taste by beautiful creations and it would have better just to look at it.
So here's what I used...

You could try a differnt combo of fruits and veggies. I think spinach would have been a great addition! Next time.
First I juiced...and passed out the juice to any kid that would drink it! And I can always count on our youngest, he LOVES *Green Juice*!

YUMMMM...I kinda want that right now! So I get weird about it seperating so quickly, so I am all about mixing it up or even better, pull out my blender ( stink, I'm making more dirty dishes, oh well) add some ice and a spoonfull of Vanilla yogurt and make a smoothie!!! This is a great place to add a handful of frozen spinach too!
So here's the part that is PRECIOUS!!! DON'T THROW IT OUT!!!!! A juicer friend gave me a tip here...if you are wanting an easier clean up or you plan on freezing the pulp, put a gallon sized zip lock bag in the back and collect the pulp in there! EASY!!

Pulp is great for a smoothie. It depends on what kind of pulp you end up with. Some of it is just too much weird, so pick out what you think will not go over so well. But you will be surprised what WILL work in a smoothie!
But this pulp has a different fate...CUPCAKES!!!!!
Grab a cake mix of your choice...chocolate is a great one for sneaking in most fruits and veggies! And make it per box directions and add in as much pulp as you think will go over :) Blend away..

Pour the into cupcake papers and bake as directed. I wasn't sure if they would need to bake longer since they were going to be moister, I just kept checking with a toothpick at the end.
I made a cream cheese chocolate frosting ( no fruits and veggies here)

Oh my they turned out sooooo yummy! Of course the kid test is necessary and YEP, it passed big time! So funny...look closely at these cupcake papers...can you see?? My mom picked these up for me from Target after Halloween, she thought they were cute, some kind of Victorian theme. Um no, there are SKULLS on them! YIKES! Oh well, they were 75% off!!

No comments: