Friday, March 20, 2009

Never a dull moment...

***DISCAIMER...for those who haven't read my old posts...I don't care much about my spelling, I WILL have errors and large run-on sentences. So read on, and love me anyway***


God knew I needed girls before the boys came along...easing me into this parenting challenge, thank you Lord. When my girls were the boys' ages ( 5 & 3) life was simple, easy, loving. They loved being with each other played for hours on end with never a arguement. They would giggle in the other room, and I knew that there was nothing to worry about. They just didn't get into trouble. I think ONCE Madelyn may have unrolled the entire roll of t.p. That was the extent of her mischievous behavior. And she would never dream of trying it again, too risky.

Now jump forward 5 years ( wow alot has happened in 5 years), and here were are knee deep in TESTOSTERONE! Logan and Clayton can't keep their hands off of each other, and no it's not for hugs or tickling. They MUST wrestle, they MUST tag, they MUST push, they MUST grap each other's clothes as they run by each other and as one falls, they MUST laugh. You can see it in their eyes, it's in their blood, something deep with in them is driving this behavior.

So my full-time job is keeping them ALIVE. I have heard the screams from the other room, and there are some screams you just have to run to. Only to find Logan in a half-nelson ( my Dad used to coach wrestling) with Clayton's face smashed into the carpet and someone I believe gets close to losing conscienceness with most of the take-downs.

So here's the thing, I don't have brothers, this is not normal behavior to me. But there are times that something inside me says "just let them do it" WHAT??? let them do it? Is this right? Seriously, I want them to survive each other!

So here's what they have come up with lately ( again, things the girls would have never thought of or attempted)

**** Logan has been found to be standing up on a high stool that he has quietly carried in to the bathroom, PEEING !!!! (btw, the sound is quite loud from that distance which is why I thought I better go see what is going on in there)...sorry no pics of that one. You can visualize I'm sure.

**** Clayton recently was enjoying his fishy crackers and thought it would be fun to see if one could hang out of his nose...*look Momma*, and yes, I had to get a pic of it.

**** The mystery Coke Can issue is still under investigation...last week the kids' toilet was running, so I took the back tank lid off to act like I knew what to do. Low and behold...a Diet Lime Coke can was stuck in there blocking the thingy from closing down on the other thingy. Hmmm no one has yet to fess up on this one. Further interviewing is in process.

**** And here's another bathroon ordeal...why do boys have so many challenges revolving around the room itself, it's contents or what *should* be going ONLY in the bathroom. Anyway, my computer/craft room is located directly below their bathroom. The kids have discovered that when they are upstairs they can head into the bathroom and yell down into the vent when I am in my room working. It's the cheap-mans' version of the home intercom system. And yes, I yell back up to them, works pretty well actually. Well one day I was sewing and I could hear Clayton up in the bathroom in the sink *making soup* he calles it. This *cooking* CAN be harmless I'm sure for some, but most of the time when I yell up what are you doing and he responds *making soup!!!*, it's not ever a good thing. This particular time, he leaned down over the vent and I could hear that he took the vent off...then I heard him say * WANT SOME WATER MOMMA??!!!* , before I could answer back *no thanks* I heard the Niagra Falls coming my way. And so the Megga Slurpie Giant Gulp cup used in the bath was being poured down to me. My following response and bolt up the stairs really didn't do any good. It was done.

***Clayton today was doing something I felt was quite harmless in comparison. He found a little measuring cup for Logan's daily allergy meds. Clayton was licking all around the inside of it, I guess I feel like I need to pick my battles and I had to not make a big deal out of it *please go put that in the sink when your done *cleaning* that out for me Clayton*...*ok Momma*
We had a good 15-20 minutes of quiet time while he entertained himself with the medicine cup. I heard him slirping and sucking it in as the cup would *magically* stay on his mouth. Again, thinking this was cheap, harmless fun for him...quiet for me. Think again Amber...
So after lunch I was cleaning off his face, it just wasn't coming clean. As I looked closer at the purple lips he was sporting, I could see now that his entertainment had now providing a lasting memory. I giant self inflicted HICKEY all over his lips and mouth.
I quickly grabbed my camera, snapped a shot and sent it off to my sister who is a nurse. Just had to ask her if I should be concerned about this meaning he has a cardiac issue :) After hearing her gasp, I told her what he did...her response...* YOU CAN NOT TAKE HIM OUT IN PUBLIC LIKE THAT!!!
Oh but I will, and not only that, I'm documenting yet another adventure that my boys take me on...in a funny way, I'm loving this crazy ride, there is never a dull moment.


Here's Clayton displaying the results from his harmless afternoon entertainment, and of course the pic doesn't do it justice. It's SO BAD!
Logan has graced us with his presence at his fav place to eat pancakes ...Bob Bevins. Here's his creation ...a butter & syrup pancake sandwich. Super fun to clean up after!


Clayton showing us a fun place to put fishies...



Here are the girls...oh the drama they hold, I'll save their stories for another day....

3 comments:

threecscustomdesigns said...

Oh I'm so glad to know I'm not alone. I have no girl comparison, but three boys definately = no dull moments! And in regards to the bathroom .. I have NO idea what the obsession is...but I will warn all THREE of our bathrooms have been flooded from either the sink or the toilet. My thoughts go between "I need to keep this unlocked so they can go to the bathroom ... and how much will it cost if I leave it unlocked..."

Pumpkin Head Baby Co said...

So if testosterone is the culprit how do you explain Kate?

April Isaacs said...

That is so funny!!! You know something else funny.... Shelby did the same thing the other day. I was flipping out because she showed me her lip and said it was zits. I looked closer and saw that it was bruising. I, immediately start thinking.... HS Purpora, leaukemia, etc..... Then... all of a sudden I remembered she had a little G2 bottle she was sucking on.

She was so embarrassed!

Great post!
April